Equine Nutrition Ohio
1) Before feeding EquiLix blocks for the first time, horses should be well fed and have access to plenty of clean fresh water.
2) Have one lick block available for each 5 to 15 horses.
3) Provide an adequate source of good quality forage at all times.
4) Place lick blocks near areas where animals loaf and at least 100 yards from water.
5) Make EquiLix blocks available in more than one location in large pastures or where more than one water source is available.
6) If animals run out of EquiLix, repeat from step one.
7) Other salt and minerals may provide free choice to balance specific rations.
8) A two-week adaptation will be required to establish a base consumption rate.
9) The above feeding directions are general guidelines and will vary with the overall feeding conditions. Always adapt to your specific requirements.